Monday, December 20, 2010

Moss stitch blue knit wrist warmers



This is a pattern for lovely knit warmers. I found this pattern on the Internet about 2-3 years ago. They are short in length, but because of the chunky wool and decorative stitch these warmers are really warm and beautiful.

The Moss Stitch pattern:
Cast on 38 stitches

Ribbing = 8 rows: K2P2 right side / P2K2 the opposite)
Row 9 starts the double moss stitch: K2,then P1, K1(repeat this to the end)
Row 10 = P1, K1, (repeat this to the last 2 sts) then P2
Row 11 = K1, P1 (*repeat this to the last 2 sts.) then K2
Row 12= P2,then K1,P1 to the end.
Repeat rows 9-12 until the desired length is achieved.

Next row - ribbing for 6 rows. Bind off.

Repeat these 4 rows until the desired length is achieved (I repeated these 4 rows for 8 times which totals 32 rows of double moss stitch without the ribbing!)
Next start the ribbing again (as explained above) and knit it for 6 rows. Bind off!

Note: Please note that I cast 38 sts because I have fairly tiny wrists . If you have longer/bigger arms/wrists cast more sts. than suggested here. Remember that you have to have an even number of stitches.

This is also a quick project and you may use it to make some last minute gifts!


Happy knitting!

10 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I love the icey blue. Gorgeous Maya!

Anonymous said...

I love the colour too and the outfit your wearing! (is that a circle skirt)?

ByNightCreations said...

These are super cute! Thank you for sharing the pattern!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you ladies!
Denise: That is a puffy petticoat I made years back for a costume party.

Magpie Shinies said...

These are darling!

BlueCat said...

Very pretty!

Linda K. said...

Maya, these are so pretty. You say you used a chunky yarn--what size needles did you use?

Anonymous said...

What gauge and what size needles? What weight yarn?

Beautiful pattern. Thanks for sharing, but we could probably use more details on the questions just listed.

Maya Kuzman said...

Linda K and Anonymous: You are right - thank you for pointing out the missing links.
This is an old project (made 2-3 years ago) so I don't really remember what weight yarn I used.

I knit them with 3 mm size knitting needles.
The gauge: 16 sts. in 4 in.(10 cm).

Another thing one of my readers inquired and I didn't mention in the post: each warmer was made as one rectangle piece and the ends were sewn together when desired length achieved.

Thank you for all your questions and for your patience!

Linda K. said...

Wow, that was quick! Thanks, Maya. I bought some yarn today and I'm about to begin knitting. This information is all I need!