Thursday, October 24, 2013

Arm knitting - Orange scarf




I wanted to try arm knitting the minute I saw this fabulous tutorial on the internet and finally I did it. It was challenging at first because my knits and crochets are quite tight, that is to say I am no loose knitter and I had to re-do this 4 times until I was satisfied with the right .. um.. "tightness" of the stitches if you know what I mean. Once I couldn't slip the yarn off my hand ...

Of course I could have used some big, and by this I mean REALLY BIG knitting needles and I do possess such only my husband was playing the handyman one day  trying to unplug / clean / fix something using one of them and he broke it so.. in lack of needles I thought this might be a good time to employ my hands/ arms instead. 

If you are in need of good knitting needles try this buyer's guide and reviews!



9 comments:

nelleke markesteijn said...

I've tried the armknitting too, but used a heavy "ÿarn" more suited to make a crochet handbag. So I ended up with a nice looking but too slippery heavy wrap. It lookes allright but I never wore it. I hope you'll have more pleasure with this scarf (?). I really like the way it turned out :-).

Unknown said...

Your new supplies look amazing Maya, you will be able to create so many wonderful pieces with them! Love your fluffy scarf, such a perfect colour to wear in Autumn, too!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very cool! :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

You are a lucky lady with all those new supplies! The orange yarn is wonderful, great technique.

Lisa said...

This is cute! Thanks for sharing.
Lisa
http://lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

first i've heard of arm knitting. sounds interesting and your scarf is amazing!

Wendy said...

interesting technique, it looks great! Must add this to my list

Anonymous said...

Of course I think we've all been wanting to try that arm knitting, good for you that you actually did it! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

Unknown said...

Hey there :) We featured your Scarf in our 12 Kid Crafted Gifts for Mom's day! http://2crochethooks.com/12-kid-crafts-for-moms-day/