Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ethnic Bridal Necklaces



As I have previously mentioned here - I have embarked on a journey with fellow crocheters and specifically for the project I decided to crochet something that would represent my country and its history. 

Macedonian richly decorated ethnic bridal costumes inspired me to make these enchanting necklaces. The rich palette of used colors symbolize life, love, unity, fertility and longevity. 




My interview is scheduled for the 14th November and I am so excited about it. 

The pattern is for sale on etsy, ravelry and craftsy

9 comments:

Divya N said...

The Intricacy in the garments pictures you have posted is very interesting - I am off to check out Macedonian costumes now

Unknown said...

Your country has such a rich tradition Maya, something to be really proud of and I love seeing your beautiful and refined bridal necklaces, fab makes!
Ira’s Crea Corner

homemade@myplace said...

beautiful !!!!!!!
xxxxx ale

Anonymous said...

Love it Maya, saw all your pins of ethinc Macedonian costumes, now I know what you were up to, yes Macedonia, Macedonia, Macedonia....I think I've finally got it! xoxoxox

Maya Kuzman said...

Hahaha... Thank you Sara so much! I was doing my research :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your necklaces you created Maya! They are so colorful and pretty. Thanks for sharing the costumes too!

Michelle L. said...

Hi, Maya - these are so beautiful! They looks easy to wear, too. What a great interpretation of the traditional look!

Etcetorize said...

I love the inspiration for this project! They turned out so beautiful and unique. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again this week :)

Shalana said...

Wow! very beautiful stitch work and color combinations :)